Friday, June 26, 2009

Swimming


Jaxson is my waterbug. The kid loves water. I can't keep him out of it. Two years ago I took him to a friends pool to swim and he ran over and immediately jumped in. Sank like a rock to the bottom of the pool and I had to jump in and save him. You would think that would be enough to scare the kid. Make him a little afraid of the water. NOPE. Not Jaxson. A month ago we took Jaxson with us to a graduation party with a pool. It was a repeat from the previous experience. He jumped right in and we had to fish him out. After he regained his breath and spit all the water out of his lungs he jumped right back in with all the other kids. (with a life jacket on this time) Last week we took Dallas the dog over to meet his babysitter for next week while we are in Utah. Monica agreed to take Dallas for us and we wanted to make sure that Dallas was going to get along with her dog Simba. Monica has a big beautiful house with a giant swimming pool. Jaxson was immediately drawn to the water. We wouldn't allow him to get inside but he insisted on sitting on the side putting his fingers in the water. I predicted that he would fall in and sure enough.....we were talking about the dogs and I heard a SPLASH. I looked over and Jaxson was on his way to the bottom of the pool. I leaned over the side and grabbed him by the back of his shirt. He stood on the side of the pool like a drowned rat, shock spread across his face. Suddenly he jumped up and down and screamed, "I did it! I did it. I jump in that pool and was swimming mom" I am now in the process of searching for swimming lessons for Jaxson because I am terrified this kid is going to drown. He has NO fear of the water.

0 comments: