I started my day early today. I got up at 6:30 Am and went running. I think it is nice to get up before the kids and have a little quiet before the rush of the morning starts. (I will let you know later at 3 Pm when I am REALLY tired if I still think getting up at 6:30 AM was a good idea)
I went for Connor's kindergarten evaluation yesterday. It is amazing to see how much progress he has made over the past year. He has really grown. At the beginning of the year he couldn't write more than just scribbles and now he is making sentences. His math skills continue to excel and I am convinced that he will be more of a science/math man than English. When we ask him what he wants to be when he grows up he still says, "a hockey player". He has made friends in the neighborhood and from 3 PM to 8 PM he enjoys playing outside with his neighborhood gang.
Jaxson still enjoys playing inside, close to him mom and dad. He recently has developed an interest in the Wii fit. He will play it for hours and beg everyone around him to play too. He seems to be outgrowing his TV obsession and doesn't seem to spend as much time lounging on the couch watching Spongebob. He is almost as tall as Connor now and is really starting to thin out. This is the hardest part of watching your toddlers turn into preschoolers. They lose all that remaining baby fat and they begin to look more child like. No more baby.
Jade is dreaming of a new camero. My graduation and future career plans bring images of shiny cars into his head. We went Saturday to look at one and they were SOLD OUT! The dealer didn't even have pamphlets to show us. Right now the way to get one is to custom order and if ordered right now, we will receive the car in September.
Since school is finally out I have taken on more hours at work. I have discovered that I really HATE working overnight shift. I don't think it is natural to stay away all night long even when you are forcing yourself. Once the boys get out of school I will be changing my shift. I cannot work overnight and then come home and take care of the monkeys. I have had a few nursing jobs come my way and I am beginning to feel more confident that I will be able to get a job soon after passing my test.


2 comments:
i am so jealous and proud of you sister i wish i could be like you one day i will
please pray for me i need it right now
I just want to say CONGRATS smarty pants. Im so happy for you to be out of school and using your brain to make the moola. Your awsome and I look up to you.
Post a Comment