The Jersey Devil......real or myth? A story that has been told around Jersey for years, and years. Well, I am here to tell you that the Jersey Devil is real and he has a wife. Now, I know you are asking how I know this........because I live next door to them. My name is Shannon and I live next door to the Jersey Devil and his Devil wife.
Ok, all silliness aside. We have a terrible neighbor. TERRIBLE! We moved into this house three years ago. When we first moved in, D was friendly. Our kids played together out front and we would socialize outside. One day during conversation, D's family asked where I was from and I replied "Utah" which was followed by the question, "Are you Mormon". Suddenly, D built a huge fortress like fence around his yard and the neighborly exchanges stopped. When we said hello we were met with silence and eye contact was never met. We started coming home on Sundays with a driveway full of dirt because he would mow his yard while we were at church and then use his leaf blower to blow all the leftover mess into our driveway. We were honestly baffled at what had happened. We knew that he was upset about something but we didn't know what we had done.
While this has been a really rough situation we have found some peace in making a decision for our future. We have both decided to move out of New Jersey next May. I will finish nursing school the first week of May and will go out to Utah to take my NCLEX. I will take the kids and stay with family while Jade stays to sale the house. Jade takes his exam in October to be a professional engineer and we are just going to pray for the next year that he will be successful in finding a good job out West.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
The Jersey Devil
Posted by Shannon at 4:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I WOULD JUST IGNORE THEM OR EVEN PLAY NASTY MEAN TRICKS TO THEM WHEN YOUR SISTER AND JON COMES DOWN
Post a Comment